Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Troy, they're coming to you next.

This morning, 20 angry men wearing matching red "La Union Great Western" shirts came into our office and demanded to speak to one of the project managers. I informed them that he wasn't here, and their spokesman proceeded to explain the issues they have with some construction companies that we need to know about. I couldn't understand them very well - I speak about as much Spanish as their spokesman speaks English, but I didn't know how to say "We're not the ones you're looking for" in Spanish so I called up a coworker for help. She came up and explained to them that we don't hire construction companies directly. That is done by Builders such as Pulte, Richmond American, and T.W. Lewis.

They didn't leave right away, but they did leave. I was a little worried they were going to pull out picket signs and start marching right here in our lobby. This picture is of them headed to Pulte up the road. Good luck, Troy. I hope you speak Spanish.

6 comments:

Aubrey said...

I bet they loved Prickly Pear.

Tatum said...

All 20? That must have been a lot of money, mucho dinero. (that means "a lot of money", in Spanish.)

Aubrey said...

Where were you this morning? I could've used those skills. Can you say "Please stop throwing trash at me"?

Tatum said...

Por favor trasho, me no likey.

Your welcome.

Cameron said...

I think the word for trash is Basura. In one office I used to work in, people would always write that on stuff to remind the janitors to take out our trash cans.

Tiffany said...

Is that why you blew me off for lunch today Troy? Take an angry mob to Prickly Pear? Geez, where does the wife come in the priority list?!