Thursday, December 07, 2006

Now don't get any ideas...

Last night one of the local news channels featured a special report about a new way to steal gift cards. All you have to do is get the numbers off the card and then call in until it's activiated, at which time you can start spending it online.

I don't know about all of you, but I had never thought of that. Granted, even if I had thought of it I wouldn't have done it, but I hadn't even thought about the possibility of someone spending a gift card with only the number on it. Which made me think that a lot of people watching TV last night had never thought of it either. The difference between me and some of them, is that now they'll try it.

I went and told Col about it, as he was in the other room and had missed the report. He allayed my fears when he said, "People who would do that don't watch the news." He's probably right. They're busy watching CSI.

1 comment:

Carlos said...

Wrong. They watch THE DUKES OF HAZZARD! Them two rascally boys never done no harm to nobody. Uncle Jesse will tell you. They wuz in trouble since the day they was born.

Come in Cooter. I will catch you on the flip-flop.