Thursday, August 09, 2007

Comments heard at local fine art gallery.

Tonight was the Thursday night art walk in south Scottsdale, and I covered for my dad at his gallery since he had a meeting he couldn't miss. Most of these things were said by people when they hadn't seen me yet, which made me wonder how much of it he hears all day.


"Look at that! That ruins the WHOLE painting."

"That one wouldn't match our couch very well."

"I hate those colors."

"Look how thick that paint is! I bet it's not dry."

Q: "Which of these do you like best, honey?"
A: "Um.... none."

"Can I touch this painting?"

"I'm tired of art. Let's go to a bar."

1 comment:

Tatum said...

Oh, to be a fly on the wall, he must be thick skinned, or have a great sense of humor.

Thank you for filling in for him and please feel free to help yourself to the art work.