Wednesday, January 03, 2007

A bone to pick.

The Pitchfork staff has selected their Top 100 Tracks of 2006. A list like this makes me realize how little I follow the latest bands, as I haven't heard of about 75% of them. I've decided to listen to each track, which they've made very easy by providing the mp3 following their blurb about each song. I've already found quite a few that I like and some that make me think something along the lines of "Nelly Furtado's Promiscuous? Really?"

Their number 1 pick reminded me of a conversation on the way home from a Spire music concert. Those of you who were there will know exactly what I'm talking about. I do like their definition of what it takes to be the King of Pop:

"Timberlake is the new King of Pop, and just like the old King, he’s not scared to sing like a girl..."

I'm not saying it's the worst song ever, but the VERY best of all of 2006? Really?

No comments: