Friday, April 14, 2006

Silly rabbit, Easter baskets are for kids!

I am faced with the task of making an Easter basket for my husband. I probably have to hide it Sunday morning in the house somewhere (or outside the house somewhere - that'd be interesting). He wanted to do this last year and I outvoted him. I don't feel like I can say no again, but I still feel deep down in my core that I shouldn't have to do this until I have kids that believe in the Easter Bunny.

I guess I have to agree with him that Easter just doesn't feel like Easter without a basket full of chocolate and an egg hunt or two. That's what it's all about after all, isn't it? (Is the facetiousness coming across ok?) It will actually probably be really fun. I wonder if it will be like growing up as a kid when everyone else stole all the good candy out of my basket. Honey, if you're reading this... don't you dare. I will know. And you will regret it.

No comments: