Friday, September 15, 2006

Everybody dance now!

Two days in a row this week I had to wake up at 5:30 a.m. - first to vote and then to take my parents to the airport. BOTH days when the alarm went off at 5:30 a.m., the song playing on the radio was "Everybody Dance Now" by C&C Music Factory. I felt like I was living Groundhog Day over and over. The first morning the timing was perfect and the first thing I heard was "EVERYBODY DANCE NOW!" (much louder than necessary). The second morning I heard "Let the music take control....Let the rhythm move you" (also much louder than necessary).

No one should have to wake up to that. Not only did it give me a rough start to the day, BOTH days, it has rendered me violently ill. C&C Music Factory, I blame you for my misery.


P.S. You thought the Groundhog Day link would go to the movie cover, didn't you? I'm delirious. Don't expect anything to make sense.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Could be worse, it could have been "Cotton Eye Joe" or the "Macarena". Always count your blessings.

Aubrey said...

I will agree that those songs would be "as bad", but worse? Having lived it, it just really seems like it couldn't have been worse.

Tiffany said...

no you are right. that harsh intro techno music is pretty painful. my condolences on the tough wakeup.