Monday, November 06, 2006

Let's leave politics out of it.

The other day I had to have something delivered by courier to Jon Kyl's office. Those of you who don't live in Arizona may be unfamiliar with the name, but my assumption would be that anyone living here in the Grand Canyon state has seen the name. A lot. It is prominently displayed at every street corner on red, white and blue political banners urging you to keep Jon Kyl in office. Lately, you even hear the name on TV a lot, either in his own commercials or in his opponent, Jim Pederson's commercials. I feel like I can't escape the campaign, and I'll be glad after tomorrow when it's all said and done.

Today I realized that not everyone in Arizona is as inundated with this campaign as I am. Not everyone has seen Jon Kyl's name all about town. Some Arizonans may not have ever heard the name at all. This is the bill we received from the courier:


Ah, sweet ignorance.

4 comments:

Tatum said...

That is funny, I like your stories.

David said...

Precious. Kyl with an "e" at the end.. a very common mistake for those that are blind.

Aubrey said...

I didn't think about the possibility that this particular accountant is blind. I may have inadvertently done a very un-PC thing.

David said...

Ya, you might want to double check that, but I can tell you right now that judging by the typing style he is as blind as a bat.