Wednesday, August 16, 2006
I'm a little afraid of the dentist.
Yesterday I went to the dentist for a cleaning. A cleaning is fine. A cleaning I can handle. Next week, however, I have to go back to get a couple of cavities filled (does anyone know what an aclusal is? I don't either, but they said it a lot). I also have a cracked tooth that they're putting a crown on. Does anyone know how much it costs to get a porcelain crown? A LOT. Monetary concerns aside, let me tell you all the other reasons I hate going to the dentist.
1. They always try to convince me I should floss more.
2. They stick needles in my gums. Big needles.
3. These needles may deaden the nerve, but they can't stop me from hearing that drill.
4. Pressure. Pressure hurts.
5. The smell of bone and enamel being ground into powder. There is nothing worse.
6. Ground bone and enamel flying into my eye. This has never actually happened to me, but I'm sure it has happened to someone out there and that it was horrible.