Thursday, August 17, 2006

Now THAT'S a bribe.


This is the little book full of fun and colorful post its as well as the chocolate covered sunflower seeds that the Office Max sales rep brought me today, along with a carton of apology paper. He called yesterday to make sure we received our one ream of apology paper. I assured him that we did, and informed him of the ironically haggard condition it arrived in. He asked "So did that ream make up for the paper that arrived torn?" When I didn't answer he said "I guess not, since it arrived torn."

Ding ding ding! I told him we wouldn't be ordering from them again.

So today he pulled out all the stops. Not only did he bring a full carton of apology paper (10 reams!) he also brought me these bribes. I don't know what it is about a little book of colored post its, but it's really working its magic. I'm thinking I'll order paper from them one more time since he's assured me this was a fluke and it will never happen again. If it does happen again though, it's 2 strikes you're out and no amount of chocolate covered sunflower seeds will make me change my mind.

2 comments:

robin marie said...

i could totally be bribed with fun and colorful post its... does that mean i'm easily pleased? or does it mean i'm cheap?

Aubrey said...

If you're me, it's both.